CST 349 & CST 300 Week 8 (Final)
Part 1: Review Other Teams' final video projects
Group 3: The Ottery's computing professional video
The topic is well covered and presentation is good overall. The intro was a bit quieter than the rest which made it difficult to understand. The research is well done and the video exhibits a lot of effort in editing. The video is engaging, but I would argue perhaps overstimulating in some respects as it has a lot of cuts and high motion scenes throughout. The imagery itself is relevant and gives credence to the topic. The teamwork is evident and the video is absolutely appropriate for an academic audience.
Group 4: Ottermation's computing professional video
The topic is well covered and the presentation is easy to understand, but has the same issues with some of the voices being a little too quiet. The video is clean and easily understood without distracting viewers. The research is thorough and contains statistics and provides an understanding of the issue. The slides are structured well to keep viewers entertained and the video is high quality overall despite audio issues. The teamwork is evident and the video is appropriate for an academic audience.
Group 7: The Development Crew's computing professional video
The topic is well covered and the introduction is thorough in catching viewers up on the topic. The presentation is clear and easy to understand. The research is thorough and the video is well produced with visual aid to explain the concepts. The video is interesting and engaging. The most jarring part of the video is that it switches between AI voiceover and human voiceover, suggesting that maybe the team was not all on the same page or some had issues with recording a part themselves. I think committing to one or the other would be smoother. The video is definitely appropriate for academic audiences.
Part 2: Keep Up With Your Learning Journal
Our final video project
I learned a lot from this class. Mostly what to expect from the program, the school, and how I should approach group work together with my team. I also learned a lot about the industry itself and what kinds of preparations I should begin making as I attempt to move towards a career in the Computer Science field. I got a good idea of how much time I need to dedicate per week and how I should structure my approach to each module. The resume and cover letter assignment was especially helpful as I had no idea how to format those myself. Overall, it was a good introductory term that gives me confidence in the rest of the program.
Comments
Post a Comment